So this tasted really good but, because I am not a trained sushi chef, looked like a hot mess. Trust me though, all of the extra chopstick maneuvering was worth it.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 4 sheets of nori
- Cook the quinoa. Heat the quinoa and water until they boil, and then let simmer while covered until the water is completely absorbed.
- Cut the cucumber and avocado into thin strips.
- Mix maple syrup, rice vinegar, and salt together in a small bowl or cup.
- When the quinoa is done, move to a bowl or plate. Add a little bit of the vinegar mixture to the quinoa at a time. When the two are mixed, put the quinoa in the fridge to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooling, lay the nori out on a sushi mat.
- When the quinoa is cooled, evenly spread it on the nori. Lay the cucumber and avocado on top of the quinoa.
- Roll the sushi, and repeat to make the 4 servings. Cut the rolls using a sharp knife.
- I sprinkled sesame seeds on top for some extra crunch and flavor, but this is optional.
- Enjoy and get ready to get a lil messy.