I made these both for lunch today and finished both in about 5 minutes so ya know it was delicious.
- 2 slices wheat bread
- scallion cream cheese (or plain cream cheese if you prefer, I made my own scallion cream cheese by mixing a few spoonfuls of cream cheese with a little bit of chopped scallions)
- a few slices of cucumber
- 1/2 of a tomato, diced
- a few thinly cut pieces of carrots
- 1/2 of an avocado, thinly sliced
- a handful of alfalfa sprouts
- Toast the wheat bread. Spread the cream cheese evenly on both slices.
- Place the cucumber slices on one of the pieces of bread, and then add tomato, carrot, and avocado. Put the alfalfa sprouts on top and eat up!
Avocado Fries (makes 6 servings)
- canola or other vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 avocados, sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a medium saucepan until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Mix flour with the salt in a shallow bowl. Put the eggs and the panko in two more separate shallow dishes. Dip the avocado in the flour, then the egg, and then finally the panko.
- Fry a few slices at a time until golden brown.
- Enjoy because they are FRIED AVOCADOS!