I ate this with steak and that was definitely da way to go!
- 5 ears of corn
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- handful of basil and mint leaves, roughly torn
- Preheat your broiler to medium-high and place the oven rack 5″ from the top of your oven.
- Shuck the corn and remove the silks. Cut the corn from cob and set aside in a bowl. Add the poblano and onion. Toss with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put the contents of the bowl on a baking sheet covered in foil, and spread out in an even layer.
- Broil the corn, poblano, and onions for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables have a light char.
- Make a lime vinaigrette by whisking together the lime juice, honey, and cayenne pepper. Slowly add olive oil to taste, whisking until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the vegetables to a a serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, mint, basil, and avocado. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the ingredients a few teaspoons at a time.
- Enjoy plllzzzz!