This is a super simple and healthy breakfast recipe that only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1 piece of pre-sliced sourdough toast
- 1/2 or one avocado (I used a full peewee avocado but one half of a regular avocado will work)
- olive oil (I used rosemary olive oil for flavor but regular olive oil will work)
- 2 eggs
- shallow saucepan with cover
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- slotted spoon
- Fill the saucepan with water and put over high heat. Bring the water to the point right before it begins to boil, and then add the teaspoon of vinegar.
- Crack the first egg into a small bowl or cup. Place the bowl or cup near the surface of the water, and gently drop the egg into the water. Repeat for the second egg. Use the spoon to move the whites close to the yolks.
- Turn off the heat and place the cover on the saucepan. Let the eggs cook for 4 minutes or until the whites are fully cooked.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast one slice of sourdough bread.
- When the bread is toasted, cut the slice in half. Drizzle the olive oil on both slices, and spread the avocado on both slices.
- After 4 minutes, use the slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water. Place one egg on each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the toast as desired.
- Enjoy, yo!