I’m reaaaal lactose intolerant, but sometimes I really crave some sort of creamy sauce on my pasta. This is a pretty good substitute!
- 1 medium avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 garlic cloves
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings of pasta of your choice (I used thin spaghetti)
- ground pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook the pasta of your choice.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor. Process until the ingredients are smooth, and then add in the avocado and salt. Process until all ingredients are smooth.
- When the pasta is done, combine the pasta and sauce in a bowl. Toss until combined. Garnish with the lemon zest and black pepper.
- Enjoy! Duh, it’s avocado.